Cheveron Facility, Friday Service, etc. The Long weekend update!

Well some interesting things happened lately. And I haven’t updated my journal in almost a week! geez. Horrible. Anyways. Well here goes a recap of days:

Thursday: Went out with Patrick and Sandra and went golfing at the Presideo Golf Course. Well not real golfing, but we went to the driving range again. Patrick won, and drove the ball the furthest (and he was even using right handed clubs! my clubs! man!). hehe. It was a fun time, and we went through 2 buckets, but man, it’s expensive (12$ a bucket of about 100 balls). Later than night Patrick and I went to worship practice, thou, I was a lil hesistant, since I wasn’t sure if Mel wanted me to play, but I guess she did, cuz she was happy to see me there. Practice went ok, and Pat and I jammed along afterwards, even thou my fingers started to hurt from playing for too long, hah.

Friday: Well Thursday night Janet and Melissa were talking in the chat room and discussed going downtown for shopping. I gave the suggestion to go out to lunch with Lisa, since she works downtown. Friday morning, I decided to go with them too to go shopping, and I ended up driving, cuz they (well Janet) didn’t want to take the bus, hah. So we went downtown to San Francisco Center, but most of us didn’t buy much, other than them two buying two belts from Gap (the flagship one). They kept telling me to buy these one pair of shorts so that they could have the belt, hah! yeah right! So anyways, we met up with Lisa a lil late at her work, at around 1:50-2pm. Went out to eat, haha, oh wait, first we went to some place called, erm…Maybe I won’t mention where we went into (sides, I can’t remember the name too), but we decided it was too expensive and left (haha, and after Melissa and I drank the water too, and after the waitress came by twice to take our orders, doh!) So we went across the street to Crocket Galleria and ate on the 3rd floor. We walked Lisa back to work, and she showed us upstairs at Gibson and Robb and we saw her cubical and everything, and then left, since I had to be at church at 4pm for a meeting with Pastor Sandra. So I dropped Janet and Melissa off at Laurel Village, since they had to meet up with Gordon to call Dawn about their Florida trip. The meeting with Sandra went well, and we got some worship stuff squared away (also in the meeting was Justin, Helen, Eddie, and Patrick). We had worship practice after that, and then it was service. Things were run a little bit differently, and it felt like a short night, but then again, it ended up being long (from after service stuff). So the things we did differently was that we didnt’ have any games (and come to think of it, I dont’ think we did offering either, doh, have to ask Sandra about that…). So service went a lil short, but people left and I really didn’t have to worry about rides too much (come to think about it, not really at all…even thou we had tons of people on Friday…weird!). So anyways, Lisa, Ango, Justin and I went over to Sara’s house that night and just hung out, and talked, and ate spinach dip, yum yum. Lisa also bought some ice cream, thinking it was the flavor she wanted, but she picked up the wrong one, haha. So we sat around and talked about funny stories in our past (mostly ango and lisa did thou, since they have so many), then we made a mad dash for the couch, and ango missed out on all the corner spots, hahaha. We sat on the couch some more and asked some weird/lame “Truth or Truth” questions, like if you had to eat anyone’s barf in Youth group, who’s would you eat, and stuff like that, haha. We left there around 2:30, and I remember going to sleep at around 3:10, whooo.

Saturday: Wow, what a long day. So it was the Cheveron Rec day out a lil north of Albany. We met up at church at around noon, and left around 1pm or a lil before. Got there at 1:45 and went to it. They had things such as ping pong, pool, SHUFFLEBOARD!, bowling, a gymnesium, and a pool. Did a variety of things, and time just flew by. We left the place at around 6pm or 6:30 or so, didnt’ check the time. But as we were leaving, a few of us were “racing” back and stuff, and I popped a tire and got a flat, blah. I didn’t notice till about the turn right after Emeryville as you’re going towards the bridge (right when it splits off to 580 or the Bridge). So I pulled over right after the Grand Ave exit, and before the Toll Bridge things. I started madly calling everyone, but found out that everyone had passed me except Lisa’s car (cuz she took a wrong turn and got lost). So I asked her to check if she had a bolt remover, cuz that’s the only part I needed (I have a jack and stuff, but no bolt remover! blah!!). She did, but she went onto the bridge, cuz she was on 580 and passed us by. So thankfully she came back for us, and turned around at Treasure Island, and worked her way back (man what a long way). So she showed up, and I thought we were saved…but as I took her tool, and loosened the bolts (or so I thought), I raised the jack in anticipation, and THE BOLTS WEREN’T LOOSE!! The bolt remover was too big, and only worked on her tires! So I started calling AAA for Emergency Road Side assistance. They told me that they would have to tell CalTrans and they would come out, because we’re in their “territory” or something of that sort. So we waited around for about an hour, and I called them again, and they put me directly online with CalTrans, and they still didn’t come for another hour or so. So this is like 2 and a half hours of waiting, and I realize, I’m really dumb. When this happened, I never prayed. I never prayed that the bolt remover would fit, or that CalTrans or AAA would get there or anything, so I did, and about 15 minutes later CalTrans finally shows up and helps us out. All through that 3 hours, Gordon’s friends were outside of my car, and just stood around and talked, and I felt so bad that they were there (cuz some of them were supposed to be home for dinner or church or what not, doh). Luckily none of them were mad when I dropped them all off, or they didnt’ see that way. So that was the long adventurous day that reminded me so much of the trip back from Winter Retreat where Pastor Dawn got a flat tire on her uncle’s van. Thanks goes to Lisa, Ango, and Melissa for sticking it with us and hanging out with us for 3 hours.

Sunday: Had to get there early (and pick up justin with my spare tire, hehe) for worship, but before that picked up that flavor of Ice Cream that Lisa liked at Safeway as a thankyou gift to them 3 for staying there with us, hah. So we had worship practice and everything, and things seemed rushed (as the copier wasn’t working and everything else). Worship during service went well, and Pastor Kevin’s message about STARTing anew was good. We had an alter time as a church towards the end, and it was very good, and I think my decision that I was working towards before about churches was answered in that time (if ya know what I’m talking about, heh, then you do, if ya don’t, well, ask me about it sometime). Justin led sunday school and talked about anger, and used some interesting situations (hah, still wondering if Candy Appleseed was supposed to be me, haha. C: She farts, whoooo). After that, we had a leadership meeting with Pastor Sandra about the Youth Group and everything, and went over some Pros and cons about our youth group. One thing that showed up a lot in the cons was our “relationships” with each other. Not like dating wise or what not, but just that we need to be real with one another and be at a level where we can tell each other things, so that we can pray for another person, or really care for one another. After that, some of the guys went to play Basketball at AP Giannini and a few of us went over to my house and sat around and talked (hah, got on a deeper level). Eddie, Gordon, and Eric then came over, and Lisa and Ango drove Janet home, as she had to be home by 6. With the guys and Melissa, we did some more sharing, mostly about our family situations and such, until Eddie left with Gordon, Melissa, and Eric, which just left Justin, Ango, Lisa, and I. We talked still for awhile, debating about subjects and trying to get past our stubborn thoughts about things. They all left at around 10pm, after awhile of talking, good talking, hah.

Monday: Today, whooo. Last day of updates. Well today, I didn’t really do too much, just got some things done that I needed to get done. Went online earlier in the day (at around noon) and a bunch of us were chatting in a Chat Room on IM. Blah, I left after awhile cuz I got mad, because we were talking about not putting each other down, yet it kept happening and junk. After I left, I went off over to the DMV and Costco to get my tire fixed and my front license plate. As I was at the DMV, I saw Pastor Lim, and the Lim family (Yen, and Sandra). Sandra was getting new plates for her car as well. Well I went in and saw a humongous line, and hoped that I wouldn’t have to wait in that, hahaa. I found out that my dad has to go in and get the plates, since he’s the registered owner of the car. That sucks. While I was there, I remembered that I did have a tire receipt from Costco, because I remembered getting tires there last year when I went off to Guitar Center as my tires were being done, haha. So I went back home and found it on my desk in a pile of stuff and headed off to Costco. Since I drove on my tire a little bit, it was rendered useless, so I did have to pay for a new tire, but the cool thing is, is that they measured the width of my treads on the tire, and I only had to pay the difference, which ended up being only 14.06$ muhahaaha. So I have a brand new tire, with no hole or anything, whooooo. Came home, and that’s about it, wheee.

This whole post took me about 40 minutes to write, amazing. =P I musta got distracted a lot (a few people IM’d me in the process of writing this), but also, this was just stinking long. I’ll probably be in SF the whole week, so if you want to go out and hang out during the week, let me know! Cuz I’ll be bored! whooooo!

current mood: bored